I’m excited to announce that I have just placed my order for a brand new Elecraft KX3 transceiver.
I’ll definitely do an un-boxing video when it arrives and you can see that on my YouTube channel: The Radio Hobbyist.
Here is the radio-
And here is my wife’s reaction-
Elecraft KX3 Features:
Ultra-portable, all-band/all-mode high-performance transceiver for home, mobile, or field use.
- 160-6 meters (2 m with KX3-2M module)
- SSB/CW/DATA/AM/FM modes; 10 W+ PEP (100 W with KXPA100 amp)
- 1.7″ x 3.5″ x 7.4″ (4.3 x 8.9 x 18.8 cm); only 1.5 pounds (0.7 kg)
- Current drain as low as 150 mA; internal battery (8 AA cells, any type)
- Advanced DSP provides dual watch, noise reduction, noise blanking, autonotch, stereo audio effects, audio peaking filter (APF)
- Software-defined radio (SDR) architecture plus optional roofing filters
- Operates in data modes (PSK31/RTTY) with or without a PC
- Includes RX I/Q sound-card outputs; works with PC RS232 or USB ports; free firmware upgrades
- Options: internal wide-range antenna tuner (KXAT3), interal NiMH battery charger (KXBC3), dual roofing filter module (KXFL3), attached high-performance keyer paddle (KXPD3), internal 2-meter module (KX3-2M), MH3 compact hand mic with UP/DN buttons, KXPA100/KXAT100 100-W amplifier and ATU