Mods for FT990-1000
I received a mod about extending the transmit frequency range for the Yaesu FT990 and FT1000. Here’s what you do:
- Remove top and bottom covers.
- Remove the top screw on each side which holds the front panel to the chassis.
- Pivot front panel down slowly. CAUTION: if you let it go, it will flop down rapidly and probably tear somethings loose. Behind the meter will be the CNTL unit. It has a metal cover of about 4 * 8 inches.
- Snap the cover off. Look to the top of the unit. You will see JP-3
- Remove the solder connection on JP-3.
***Note: I haven’t tried or verified this, proceed at your own risk. And
do not transmit outside of legal bands!