HomePatrol Extreme Upgrade
I now have the Extreme Upgrade for my Uniden Homepatrol scanner. Here’s what the paid Upgrade gets you:
- Complete front-panel programmability – lets you edit existing systems in favorites lists, or create new systems from scratch. You’ll no longer be tied solely to the information we provide in our Database when you are out and about, away from a PC.
- Trunked System Load / Reception Status tool
- Current Trunked System Activity
- Trunked LCN Monitor (activity over time)
- Trunked Activity Logging (includes log file for detailed review)
- Talk group converter to switch between Decimal and Hex channel representation
- LCN Finder to helps determine the Logical Channel numbers for EDACS and LTR trunked systems.
- Band Scope plots a graph of RSSI vs Frequencies for a range of frequencies
- RF Power Plot plots a graph of RSSI vs Time for a single frequency to help locate transmission sources, monitor antenna performance, and track down interference issues.
- Limit Search
- Trunking System Discovery makes it much easier to discover new channels on a trunked radio system. The HomePatrol-1 continuously monitors the selected system and compares received channel grants to the known channels for your area. When a new Talk Group is discovered, it records up to 3 minutes of audio so you can later review and identify the agency using the channel.
- Conventional Discovery similarly helps you find active frequencies in your area that haven’t made it into the database. When a frequency has activity, the HomePatrol-1 compares the frequency and subtone settings to known channels in your area. If the information is not in the database, the HomePatrol-1 records up to 3 minutes of audio so you can later review and identify the agency using the frequency.
This is all really cool stuff for those of us that like to hack our gear. Thanks Uniden, we appreciate it.