Here is a pretty comprehensive list of the ham radio contact logging software out there. It is a log of radio messages sent and received, together with other pertinent information, maintained by radio operators. Many are free, some are not. You can click on the links to read reviews of each one. I personally use Ham Radio Deluxe, the free version, and it does everything I need and more.
The best ham log software depends on your personal preferences and needs. Some popular options include:
- N3FJP’s Amateur Radio Software: A suite of programs for logging, contesting, and awards tracking.
- DXLab Suite: A set of eight interoperating applications that cover various aspects of ham radio.
- Ham Radio Deluxe: A comprehensive logging, rig control, and digital modes software package.
- LOGic: A multi-featured, user-friendly, and intuitive amateur radio logbook.
- HRD Logbook: An integrated logging and QRZ lookup program that also supports digital modes.
Ham Logging Software
Ham radio logging software is a type of computer program that is used by hams to record and track information about their radio contacts, such as the date, time, frequency, and mode of communication. The software typically includes features that allow users to quickly and easily enter this information and to search and sort their logs to find specific contacts or generate reports. Some ham radio logging programs also include additional features, such as call sign databases and interfaces for digital modes, to help make the logging process more efficient and convenient.
Ultimately, the best software for you will depend on your specific requirements and level of technical expertise. You may want to try out a few different options and see which one you find the most user-friendly and meets your needs the best.