The term scanner generally refers to a communications receiver that is primarily intended for monitoring VHF and UHF land-mobile radio systems, as opposed to, for instance, a receiver used to monitor international shortwave transmissions. Scanners are often used to monitor police, fire, and emergency medical services. Radio scanning serves an important role in the fields of journalism and crime investigation, as well as a hobby for many people around the world.
Articles in the Scanning category
- AOR AR-1000 Modifications
- Cheap RTL.SDR
- How do scanners scan the band?
- ICOM IC-R7100
- Install and Configure RTL.SDR
- Merry Christmas
- OPP to encrypt dispatch channels
- The Commradio CR-1a SDR
- The Radio Hobbyist is back!
- The Uniden Bearcat HomePatrol
- The Uniden HomePatrol Scanner
- This is the best Ham Shack in the whole world